Time again for Sunday Sevens, the brainchild of the wonderful Nat at Thread and Bobbins for bloggers to share seven photos of their personal week.
Most of this week has been about spending time with Lovely Eldest and finally getting everything together to start sending my knitting kits out into the world. But the start of the week was packed with lots of other lovely experiences to take photos of, so I’ve put a few more than seven.
- Walking Mr Hicks on Sunday morning we saw so many perfect dandelion heads ready to fly.
2. In our own garden the rhododendron tree was coming into full bloom.
3. Although I only trimmed Mr Hicks a couple of weeks ago, it was so cold I didn’t thin his fur out much. A sudden burst of heat last weekend meant a second haircut and garden full of fluff – Mr Hicks isn’t the most patient client.
4. On Monday we headed for the airport to pick up Lovely Eldest. But first we visited the antique centre close by. Nothing grabbed our attention – but I did buy a foot for a coupe of quid. If you’ve ever tried to take pictures of the socks you’ve knitted, you’ll know why.
5. On the way out of the antiques centre we saw these amazing plants.
6. There was just time for a pub lunch before eldest’s plane was due. So we stopped at this pub covered in beautiful wisteria.
7. Also time for a walk around the graveyard of the church next to the pub, where we spotted an old pillory or are they stocks?
8. Finally we reached the airport and acquired Lovely Eldest.
9. Back home we found some of next doors chickens had invaded us while their owners were on holiday.
10. But we resisted putting them on the BBQ.
11. Lovely husband was also off work on Tuesday, so we went to Cotehele and had lunch at The Edgecombe.
12. Forgot to take pics of lunch at the Edgecombe, but here’s a couple of other naughty meals I’ve had eating out with Lovely Eldest this week.
What with Lovely Eldest here and finally getting the knitting kits together, it’s been a wonderful week. Hope you’ve had a good one too.