Last time I posted I said I wanted to paint a more red squirrel than the ones I’d just painted…
I started by choosing a reference photo with a squirrel that looked a lot more red…
I painted the tail and was really pleased with it – it’s great fun painting squirrel’s tails. (I may have mentioned that before.) Then I painted the body.
It’s more more red, but I got way carried away; far too much paint. Reminder to self: Once in a while take a step back and look at what you’ve done. On the plus side, I do like the loose leaves underneath – although on reflection I think it would have been better if the bottom of his legs had merged with them – like the horse’s mouth I recently painted merging into the grass.
Ah well, all good learning.
Until next time,